Research Group Leader (m/f/d)
What we are looking for
Protective Tissue Factors in Autoimmune Diseases
If you hold a PhD and have an outstanding track record or strong interest in the field of Autoimmune Diseases, we invite you to apply with a project proposal for this position in our new, fully funded research group (1 group leader, 2 postdoctoral researchers, 2 research assistants).
Each BioMed X project team is sponsored by an industry partner. The sponsor of this call for application is Janssen.
An emerging area of science is being focused on identifying strategies to treat patients with immune-mediated diseases that not only block inflammation, but which promote pro-resolution responses in immune cells to restore homeostasis. Recent research findings suggest that tissue factors released during cellular damage, stress or inflammation can drive pro-resolution responses in macrophages.
We are seeking project proposals which explore the complex biology of stromal-immune cross-talk and which aim to identify novel pathways and mechanisms that restore homeostasis in autoinflammatory diseases such as psoriasis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The project should focus on the following deliverables:
▪ Development of novel methodologies to systematically profile and dissect complex tissue microenvironments in order to identify components that induce pro-resolution responses in tissue-resident innate immune cells;
▪ Identification of specific and selective novel targets that could be used to trigger pro-resolution responses in innate immune cells without negatively impacting other cell types.
Proposals building on very original ideas supported by first experimental findings are particularly encouraged.
Group leader positions are intended to suit candidates who would like to develop themselves towards a leadership career path either in academia or industry and have typically between four and eight years of relevant postdoctoral research experience.
What we offer
▪ An initial term of two years, with the possibility of prolongation for up to two additional years.
▪ An exciting research opportunity in a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment.
There is flexibility over starting dates, but successful applicants are welcome to take up post starting May 1, 2021.
About BioMed X
Application & Selection Process
▪ As part of the online application procedure, you will be asked to submit:
- A competitive project proposal that gives us an idea of your scientific expertise and creative potential (3-5 pages describing an interesting core hypothesis, scientific rationale, and a unique experimental approach). Proposals building on very original ideas supported by first experimental findings are particularly encouraged;
- Your curriculum vitae including your publication record.
▪ Deadline for applications: January 3, 2021.
▪ After a first selection round, candidates will be invited to a five-day innovation boot camp in Heidelberg (or virtual if pandemic regulations do not allow onsite meetings) from March 8 to 12, 2021. With guidance of experienced mentors, candidates will jointly work on their project proposals and present them in front of a jury on the final day. Successful candidates will be offered a position at the BioMed X Institute in Heidelberg, Germany.
BioMed X Institute
Im Neuenheimer Feld 515
69120 Heidelberg Germany
Publication end date
Join the community of BDP Life Sciences of Business Development professionals and Business leaders in Life Sciences & Health. Through our programmes you will connect with fellow participants, our speakers, coaches and alumni. Also connect with us online via LinkedIn.
Contribute to the development of future business leaders in Life Sciences & Health by becoming a speaker, mentor or sponsor of our programmes. Contact us to discuss the possibilities via info[at]bdplifesciences.com.
RECRUIT BD TALENT
Are you looking for a Business Development professional? Our partner PRIMER BioBusiness is specialised in the recruitment of commercial talent for the Life Sciences. Whether you need new talent, experienced professional ar an executive to lead your company, contact us to start your search.